Kalkaska County EDC Loan Fund
Amount: Up to $50,000
Interest Rate: 5% to 8% (dependent on risk)
Term: Up to 5 years
Eligibility: Must be a business located in Kalkaska County
Fees: Additional fees may apply depending on the loan request (i.e. title commitment, legal fees, additional underwriting analysis, etc.)
Process: Clients may work with SCORE counselors or SBDC counselors to finalize business plan, create cash flow projections, perform market research, and competitor analysis.
Clients may apply for a KCEDC Loan here.
Venture North Staff will collect all pertinent information for underwriting (i.e. business plan, tax returns, personal financial statement, credit report, application, etc.).
A designated KCEDC Loan Committee will review all applications and make the final determination on loan approval and terms.
The KCEDC Board will be notified of any approved loans from Loan Committee. The Board will not receive the full loan package, but will be assured that the proper underwriting and process took place.
Timeframe: After all information has been collected from the client, it will take no longer than 30 days for a decision to be made. Loan committee recommendations will go before the KCEDC Board during a Special Meeting if necessary.
KALKASKA COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Venture North Funding & Development and Kalkaska County Economic Development Corporation have partnered to support economic vitality in Kalkaska County.
WHY DO BUSINESS HERE?
- Prominent Oil & Gas industry
- Alternative energy opportunities for cellulosic ethanol using the county’s vast wood-based feedstock
- Forest products opportunities
- Kalkaska airport accommodates private aircraft
- Located 30 minutes from Cherry Capital Airport and downtown Traverse City
- Low-interest financing available through the Kalkaska County EDC Revolving Loan Fund program and Venture North
BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES
- Kalkaska County: Click Here
- Kalkaska Planning and Zoning Click Here
- Business Counseling, SCORE: Click Here
- Village of Kalkaska: Click Here
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority: Click Here
- Kalkaska Downtown Development Authority: Click Here
- Planning and Zoning in Michigan: Click Here
- Michigan Small Business Development Center: http://www.sbdcmichigan.org/
- SCORE https://traversecity.score.org/
- Population and Economic Data: Click Here
- Local Government: Click Here
- Country Government: Click Here
- State Government: Click Here
- Federal Government: Click Here
- Kalkaska Public Schools: Click Here
- Kalkaska Memorial Health Center: Click Here
- Northern Michigan Business Atlas: Click Here
- American Waste
- Coding Products
- Flannery Machine & Tool, Inc.
- Kalkaska Memorial Health Center
- Kalkaska Screw Products, Inc.
- Marsh Industrial
- Northern Design
- Shetler Dairy
- Team Services, LLC
- Wayne Wire & Cloth
There are many family oriented organized events held in Kalkaska County, such as:
- National Trout Festival
- County Fair
- Blue Grass Festival
- Strawberry Social
- Christmas in Kalkaska
- Iceman Cometh Challenge
KALKASKA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION BOARD MEMBERS
- Chair: Al Dimon
- Treasurer: Linda Wayne
- Michael Ascione
- Alan McCullen
- Truman Bicum
- Kohn Fisher
- Bob Burgin
- Jeff Sieting
- Cash Cook
For Details, Contact
Formerly the Traverse Bay Economic Development Corporation and Chamber Foundation