TITLE: Credit Analyst
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time
Venture North is a division of the umbrella organization TraverseCONNECT, which also encompasses the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce and TConn, a for-profit development division. Venture North is a nonprofit organization dedicated to leading economic development initiatives by providing financial services and business assistance to the Northwest Michigan region. The mission of Venture North is to support the region’s economic growth and community development efforts by providing funding options, offering technical assistance, and building connections for viable businesses, including low-to-moderate income communities.
Venture North is currently seeking a Credit Analyst to coordinate and implement economic development plans, programs, and services for the 10 county region. The Credit Analyst position is designed to complement the loan department by providing support services including but not limited to; financial spreads, assisting in the write-up of loan presentations, attending loan committee meetings, conducting analysis such as cash flow, guarantor, financial, collateral and credit summaries for loan presentations.
The salary range for this position is $40,000-$44,000, which includes a $5,000 supplemental amount to assist in off-setting health care expenses. Venture North offers competitive benefits that include a 401K plan and paid time off for personal use in addition to major holidays. Candidates may request a copy of Venture North’s Employee Handbook for a full description of work rules and benefits.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Credit Analyst shall assist Venture North Funding & Development in the coordination and implementation of economic development plans, programs, and services for the 10 county region. This position will complement the loan department by providing support services including but not limited to; financial spreads, assisting in the write-up of loan presentations, attending loan committee meetings, conducting analysis such as cash flow, guarantor, financial, collateral and credit summaries for loan presentations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary intake for referring economic development and loan inquiries;
- Accountable for the entire credit granting process, including:
- Gather loan underwriting information
- Assess creditworthiness of potential customers
- Work directly with Executive Director to prepare credit presentations
- Coordinate loan closing with legal counsel;
- Responsible for collection activities, controlling bad debt exposure, initiate legal recovery actions against delinquent customers;
- Periodic credit reviews of existing customers: analyze cost, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to business plans;
- Responsible for frequent follow up with loan inquiries in the “pipeline”, which includes tracking the missing information that still needs to be collected, and referring applicants to partners that may assist in that process;
- Gather additional information from loan recipients throughout the year: jobs created, jobs retained, and demographic data on new positions;
- Assist with the application and monitoring of Community Development Block Grants and other grant activities or economic development incentive requests as appropriate;
- Position may require some non-traditional working hours and the ability to attend meetings that are held within the ten county region;
- Complete special assignments as requested.
Education & Experience
- The preferred candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from a four year college or university; five years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 4+ years of credit analysis experience (commercial credit);
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Positive, team-oriented individual
- Well organized, attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, organize, and prioritize assignments
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, June 9, 2017.
Cover letters and resumes should be addressed to the Venture North Search Committee at 202 E. Grandview Parkway, Traverse City, MI 49684 and sent by email to email@example.com. All correspondence will be considered confidential.